May 30, 2008

It's A Boy!!!

So guess what everyone?!?! The Maples are going to be having a boy! How excited are we?! One of each-- it will be very fun, but it was easier this time because I didn't have much of a preference. I guess this is the first baby post on this blog since I tend to skip weeks at a time. Anyway, baby brother is due to make his enterance the day before Halloween...about a month after we move back to Utah! Crazy. I will post (don't hold me to that) ultrasound pictures after our "official" ultrasound on the 6th, we found out a little early due to a trip to the ER the other day, and we didn't get any pictures.

So as this pregnancy progresses, I have been having weird heart problems with palpitations and rapid heart rate and shortness of breath and things like that, and they are only getting worse. I am having difficulty showering or climbing stairs without sitting down for a break. Keeping up with Brooke has been a real challenge too! My OB referred me to a cardiologist, but they couldn't do any diagnostic testing for 4-5 weeks! I had to call into work a few times because I just couldn't handle it, but I could only call in so many times without a doctor's note (which they wouldn't give me until my testing was done). So, I went into work Monday night (Memorial Day) and by 10pm my heart rate was up to 130 and I couldn't catch my breath and I was dizzy and everything, so I had them put me on a heart monitor (since we have a plethora of them at work) and found out that my palpitations were PVC's (difficult to explain, but not a good sign) so I went home early. It got worse and I ended up in the emergency department by morning. I finally get to see the cardiologist on Monday for some tests and I'm not supposed to work until he clears me so I guess we'll see what happens with work...I'll keep you posted (again, don't hold me to that).

19 comments:

Matt and Tanya Wonderly said...

Nicole!! I cant believe I found your blog! Congrats on your pregnancy! I'm so excited for you to have baby number two..a boy!!You are so cute and I miss seeing you and your whole cute family so much! You are such a cute mom! What a lucky lil girl Brooke is!

Anonymous said...

COngratulations! I didnt know you were expecting but that is SO exciting a boy! I want one of those now that I have my girl. So congrats! On another note, I hope you are doing better and that you can solve it soon!

Brandon and Natalie said...

Congratulations on your little boy! They are so much fun!

I hope they figure out what is going on with your heart soon!

Jessica said...

Congrats! How fun! Good luck with the heart stuff. Keep everyone posted.

laska said...

congratulations! when are you moving back to utah?

Shannon said...

Congrats Nicole! That is so awesome. I saw your announcement on Facebook and I was so excited for you! Little baby boys are the best ;) .. of course I am a little partial. That's awesome that you guys are moving back to Utah!

The Rodgers said...

Man I leave you and THIS happens!!! You are KILLING me!! TAKE IT EASY! Congrats on your baby boy! Any names?

Alicia said...

We didn't even know you were pregnant! You are brave! :) Congrats on a little boy! That is really exciting and that will be really fun having one of each!

Katie said...

Oh my gosh I didn't even know you were pregnant!! So exciting!! And with a baby boy! I'm so happy for you. I hope your funky cardiovascular symptoms go away... that can't be fun. Enjoy pregnancy #2 and good luck with everything!

Rachel Murray said...

I had no idea you were pregnant again!! Congrats. I know I'm a little bias but boys are the coolest!! I had no idea you were moving back to Utah either. Let me know when you get here!

Anonymous said...

congratulations on the pregnancy! that's so exciting it is a boy! I love my little zack and want a boy next! glad it's you pregnant and not me! zack is still so clingy and such a mamas boy, it would be hard to watch him and a newborn! that is so exciting though! sorry to hear it hasn't been easy and perfect on your body so far. hope all is well with you and that they can figure out the problem and how to help you!

Jackie said...

Yeah, it's a BOY!!! We're so happy for you! Another little miracle for you guys. I'm sorry about your heart junk.... maybe it will get you out of your predicament with work though - hopefully! I miss you being my neighbor! I'm glad you are coming back though :)

Meg said...

Hi Nicole!!! Congratulations on the baby boy!! After reading your post, your heart stuff sounds like something a friend of mine has called P.O.T.S.(Postural orhtostatic tachycardic syndrome) She has the same symptoms, but they started right after she had her baby. Her OB didn't know much about this and wasn't sure what was going on...so maybe you could mention it? Good Luck with baby number two...that is soo exciting!!

PS..This is Megan Van Wagenen :)

Skyler said...

Congrats!

Jill Revell said...

CONGRATS!!! How exciting!

Lanenga Family said...

Congrats on the news! How exciting! Did I hear that you are moving back to Utah? You will have to go back to the ward!

Leigh said...

Congratulations, Nicole! How exciting.. 1 of each. I love your blog- your daughter is just beautiful!!!

merrilykaroly said...

congratulations! I hope things are going better for you since the last time I talked to you!

Jenny said...

Congrats on baby #2! That's so exciting.

I don't know if you'll get this, but we (Seth, Ben, and I) just moved to Vegas (actually Henderson). We'd love to see you sometime before you go back to UT. We were in the BYU 25th ward with you. Email me at jlolson511@gmail.com and we'll talk.