January 10, 2008
Our New Home
So we moved to Las Vegas at the end of December to start our "real life". To be quite honest, I kind of miss being a college student. We love our new home and we are so excited to visit all of the fun places around us, but so far that's just not happening because we can't get jobs! So here we are, still broke. I do have an interview tomorrow for a "new grad RN position", which is the only thing they will hire you to here. It's med-surg nights with a minimum one year full time commitment. There's no getting around it. If you can't do that, you can't get a job. My life plan is starting to look farther and farther away. I really wanted to work part-time so that I could spend more time being a mommy, but I know that I have to work this crazy schedule so we can survive! Let's just pray that I get the job that I really don't want...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi! My name is Amy, I am an RN, new to Vegas as well and also a new graduate nurse. I completely went through what you are going through in August! Who knew it would be hard to get a job in Las Vegas! Lame... Anyway, I have a new grad blog, I think it is rnnewgrad.blogspot.com. It is where I vent about being a new grad nurse. Please visit! And if you need any info that I can help you with, let me know! p.s. you can check out my family blog too: putnampalooza.blogspot.com
We didn't even know you guys were moving! I guess that is what happens when we never see each other! Best of luck with everything in Vegas! We may come visit sometime this Spring/Summer on our way to California. Scott's sister Tracy lives in Vegas as well!
Post a Comment