January 12, 2008

New Job!

So, I guess it's "unofficially official" and I will start working as soon as my interim permit posts! I'm a little nervous and excited and frustrated all in one, I'm just hoping that night shifts don't mess up my hormones and put us back into another infertility mess because I'd eventually like to be a mommy of two. I guess I have to take advantage of all the time I have at home with Brooke now before February when I'll be very busy, but one of the reasons I chose nursing in the first place (other than making up my mind when I was 5) is so that I can spend more days at home than I do at work.

4 comments:

Zach 'n' Amy said...

Congrats on your job! The rumor is is that Mountain View is the best place to work in this city, so you lucked out! I work for Desert Springs and almost every nurse there is very unhappy in their job and 5-6 nurses on my floor have quit in the last 4 months. I wish there could have been a way to check those things out before I accepted the position, but then again, those "new grad" positions are so hard to find here. And you are right, there is such a "new grad" stigma!

Zach 'n' Amy said...

p.s. I graduated from Weber State University

Laura Campbell said...

you have an adorable little girl Nicole! Good luck with your first nursing job!

Laura (Hess)

Alicia said...

Congrats on the job! I am sure it is bitter sweet having to leave Brook, but to do what you have wanted to do since you were little. What are your hours and what area are you in?